Friday, March 30, 2018

Easter Bird Nest!

Happy Friday everyone! I hope your weekend and Easter are fabulous! Today I have A Easter themed Bird nest I altered up for you all to see.



I started with this round slab of wood


I used gel medium to adhere my resin, I used the texture Bricks and wood from Stamperia, I then used the gel with a pallet knife and smothered it on giving a wood grain effect.


Here I took Spanish Moss and added matte gel medium to it and formed a nest, I sat it on an upside down vase to dry so it will keep shape.


Plain 'ol plastic easter eggs!
I covered in with Gesso and let dry.


I used the NEW Tim Holtz Collage paper (Floral) and covered the eggs! these papers are to die for!


Now that the wood is dry I covered it in Finnabair pain (Steampunk Copper). Dried that and covered it from head to roe in black gesso. not waiting for the black to dry I took a baby wipe and wiped most of the black off. This gives a great grungy Effect, But since I'm rolling with easter I needed to soften it up! White Gesso to the rescue! I dry brushed it, then dry brushed it again!


I also added a layer of dry brush to the eggs!


Now I took Finnabair art stones and applied those in and around the nest after dry I put clear gesso and added Nuance powder in (coral) 


I also added prills in (Lettace us entertain you!) and (Mango)
 I added Flowers from 49andmarket , and added white and brown splashes everywhere!


Hope you all enjoyed this! 





And Now that I'm looking at it I think it needs a Title! 



 Better! LOL Sometimes for me looking at a picture helps me figure things out!


Product List 




XOXOXO -Nicole
                                           

6 comments:

  1. Nicole this is perfect for this time of year. Love how the wood mould turned out and your right the collage paper is awesome. Fantastic step by step. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nicole, this is gorgeous! I was so busy with the Raster holiday I did not make my way to your post on this blog, I apologize. I love tbebase you created for your nest and those eggs are simply BEAUTIFUL! perfect project for spring and the torts added just the right sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so very Much!!!! I still have it out on my table!

      Delete