Friday, March 16, 2018

Altered Hand Mirror

Happy Friday My Awesome Rusty Crown Family!

            So I picked up this Plastic mirror at my local dollar tree, Just plain plastic silver.                                         I started off with taking out the actual mirror


Next I covered the whole thing with clear gesso just to give the slick surface some tooth.


While thats drying I took Some Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink in Mushrrom and gave these resin butterfies a vintage look, The Butterflies are from a Stamperia mould.


Here you can see I added layers of the new Military Rust Effect Paste by Finnabair, I started the the darkest color and did layers, I popped my mirror  back in and started adding on Moss with some gel medium.


Here I'm added more moss and embellishments, I used Finnabair mechanical flowers, 49 and Market Flowers in Lilac . In the Final Picture You'll see I also added Nuvo Crystal drops in English Mustard and some beautiful prills in Go Mango,Lettuce Entertain you, and Spruce willis.


Last step was to dry Brush on Finnabair wax In White Gold




 I hope everyone has a wonderful Weekend! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to look at my process!
xoxoxo -Nicole






2 comments:

  1. Oh Nicole, this is a most beautiful creation! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful art with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for stopping by and leavung feedback. We appreciate it!

      Delete