Friday, June 22, 2018

Altered Paint Brush (Sea Life)

Hello Happy Friday Everyone!!!!
Today I'm showing you how I altered a Paint brush using some great products! All Links will be below as always!


Here I'm  using a 3 inch Painters brush. With a stencil I used Finnabairs limestone paste.


Not waiting for it to dry I added some cheesecloth, a resin piece,and a left over ribbon spool using gel medium


Now i'm mixing some finnabair art stones in with gel medium, adding them inside the spool to give some depth. I also take Stamperia glass paste and add it all around the spool for some more texture.


I take two resin dolphins I made with the sea life stamperia mould, and add them on top of that ribbon spool. after everything is good and dry I add A coat of clear gesso.


Now My Favorite part! Adding color! Today I used some Tim Holts Distress sprays in blue and yellow. I kept layering the colors. I would dry then add more.


Here is where I added some art pebbles (melange) I was gonna highlight this with silver wax, you can see it on the dolphin tails and the shells, but I didn't love it.


So I added some black finnabair glass glitter to add some more depth under the dolphins, I also took white gesso and dry brushed everything to make all the elements pop! Lastly I used some Prills for more texture!


finished pictures.









12 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Great step by step!❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this step by step...love it! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out so amazing. I adore the colors so perfect for the theme. Thank you girlfriend

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love ❤️ this. You are amazing!!!! Beautiful. Thank you so much for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing your process! If I could even begin to dream up anything remotely like this, I would have stopped about halfway through and been happy, but you keep going and end up with something totally ahhh-mazing! Thanks so very much for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete