Saturday, March 30, 2019

Steampunk Embroidery Hoop

Hey MRCI! Hope your Saturday is filled with Inspiration and all things Creative! Today I have a 7 inch Steampunk Inspired Embroidery Hoop That was altered with some new amazing Resin and Stamps from Stamperia, colored with Tim Holtz new Distress Oxide Sprays and finished of with wax from Finnabair! 


I started off with the A5 soft Stamperia mould, these moulds are thin and sturdy. you can use clay,resin modeling paste, really the possibilities are endless! I used Fast Cast resin. spreading it with a credit card. took 10 mins to dry!  they look awesome!


Next step was prepping my hoop. I used old cardboard packaging, wet it a bit and fit it right into my hoop! heat dry and its ready!


Now for the resins, I first layed down a layer of black gesso. when dry I used some gel medium to secure down my resin. I used the Steampunk train and Time Machine moulds. Ripping them with my hands to fit where I wanted them to be!


More Black Gesso


Color! This is always the best part for me! I used the new Distress Oxide sprays (Mermaid Lagoon) and (Cracked Pistachio) I heat set these before moving on to the next colors.


Here I added (Spiced Marmalade)  (Fossilized Amber) and (Vintage Photo)


While thats Drying I get some more resin out from the New A4 Mechanism mould also from Stamperia and give them a coat of black gesso
I also used the Mechanical Animals Stamp set from stamperia! I used mixed media paper Stamped my images and embossed them with black embossing powder!


I just used some water color to add a nice vintage look to them!


gave my resin a dusting of wax in (Rich Copper)


Its all gluing them down and splashing the oxide with water! Done! cute Steampunk wall filler! Ill post product list down below! XOXO Nicole










No comments:

Post a Comment