Friday, July 20, 2018

Altered Vinyl Record

Hello Happy Friday! Today I'm showing you my process on altering this Vinyl Record.


I start by using a Stamperia stencil and modeling paste


I get all my bits and bobs out and give them all a good layer of white Gesso
I'll have the links below with everything I used,the foliage is from a Tim Holtz die set. 


Now I start my composition by gluing it all down with gel medium.


Now for Color!!!! Its always my most favorite part!


I went super colorful with this one! I used Dylusions some  Cosmic Shimmer Shakers and Tattered Angels color wash


Now here I add white dry brush. When your using colors that are water reactive you really need to make sure the whole thing is super dry!


Okay I put these down then didnt like it at all! So I took out a Stampotique Stamp and used her instead!


 

I added Oh Jackie and then some white splashes and call her done!






XOXO Nicole








7 comments:

  1. Nicole, I love how you used the stencil, you clever girl. This turned out AMAZING. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks martina! It was fun to create this one!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! Love music themes and you nailed with the use of the oldies, vinyl record and cassette!!! Loveee it! Awesome Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you added the cassette tape. Really looks fun to do. I love it!!! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope no records or cassettes were harmed in the making of this piece of artwork...LOL! Your creative mind never ceases to amaze! Starting with the stencil was genius! Really awesome to see the Cosmic Shimmers worked in with other products! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete