Friday, August 3, 2018

My Rusty Crown!

Today I'm showing you how I created this rusty crown, I wanted to make something for our beloved Martina! I wanted something to say thank you! she has made a place for us to shop and make friends! My rusty crown inspiration FB group is such a great place, we can share our day to day activities our art of the day or something we made years ago. The people in this group are amazing and that is a reflection of martina! anyway enough of the feels. LOL hope you all like it!



Starting off with some cardboard,Using  heavy gel medium and some clips I started to make my basic shape ,and the clips kept it together for me


So now I have the basic base, leaving it to dry for a couple hours.


So this is how it was assembled, I took  10 min resin and some silicone moulds ,taking the resin out before it was fully cured still gives it some time before it hardens all the way up. then I took anything heavy to hold it there for a couple more mins till it hardened all the way. now sinse then I have figured out you can heat already cured resin with a heat gun and it becomes soft and pliable again.


So I added all my resin and goodies gave it a coat of black gesso and started using my rust paste. for this I used a sponge dapper .


Using all three colors from Finnabairs Rust Effect Pastes.


finishing touches I used the mint colored rust paste for a little dry brushing, then I added the Prima Finnabair  rose gold wax to give that pink undertone to represent  Martina and her shop! I made a bee out of metal and plush wings and added a charm. (The Queen Bee). Hope you all like it.





XOXO -Nicole

9 comments:

  1. This is awesome Nicole, creating the crown from scratch, I love everything about this! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly wonderful, amazing. I don't have enough words to describe how wonderful this is. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Nicole! Really creative!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️👑👑👑👑👑

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phenomenal Nicole!! I can’t believe what yiuve created - so astonishingly gorgeous!! Great tutorial too, wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool Nicole. I love that you just created it from cardboard and embellished it to perfection! It beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I can tell you that the pictures dont come close to how magnificient this is in person. I was so taken back when this arrived at my door. You are so talentend my friend. The step by steps are awesome and thank you for taking the time out of your busy days to create this for me. Words will never describe the joy. I am so lucky to have you and everyone here at our group. Love to you and all.

    ReplyDelete