Friday, August 17, 2018

Rusty Pipes

   HI!  Happy Friday! Today I wanted to Show you all the Pentart Expand Paste and how I used it to rusty up these pipes.  if you dont have Finnabair rust pastes here is another option for you!                                      


I started off with gluing down my chipboard with gel meduim


in this picture you see where I took a palette knife and spread on the paste with a thin layer, I mean very this you dont need very much.


Now you heat set it with a heating tool, its bubbles all up and turns white in just seconds! Now look at all that texture it has left me with! perfect for rusty pipes! I also added some stenciling with the Little birdie (Brick wall) 


after the panel was completely dry I started adding my colors this is such a beautiful shade of blue. Electric Blue Cosmic Shimmer Shakers, I sprinkled it on and spritzed it with water. 


after that is  good and dry I dry brushed some black gesso went along some of the edges for a drop shadow and to add some depth.


Now I sprayed the pipes with Little Birdie color splash in (Paprika) PERFECT rusty color spray!


I heat set it again with my heat tool. Loving the spilled spray around the pipes give a great rust look!


 I just adding my finishing touches some Tim Holtz quotes, some finnabair was in (Copper) and inked archival around the edges. Oh and Prills in (Third Place).
XOXO-Nicole




4 comments:

  1. I love it. Thank you for sharing. Never knew about expanding paste. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Nicole! Cool rust effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! Really really cool! I love the color splash spray spill look too! What a cool look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole, this is just so amazing. Love how the paste looks. Thank you for everything.

    ReplyDelete