Friday, April 27, 2018

Altered Hand Trowel

Altered Hand Trowel

Happy Friday!! I was sent o glorious box of happy mail the other day (Thank you Lexington) and inside that box was a hand trowel, I know most people would be confused and have no clue what its for! ART its for ART.  Okay most people might use it for gardening. I kinda did too!


I just love this! I'll hang it in my sun room!


This is what it started off as! I added a coat of clear gesso to it!


I took my flowers and started winding them around the handle.


I took moss and attached it with gel medium


Now I added my embellishments i used some finnabair mechanicals (vintage trinkets)


I also started ripping up and adding Tim Holtz collage paper to the handle and the back. and coated the whole thing in white gesso.


Now for some color! I just love using the nuance pigment powders! You can sprinkle them on and spritz with water, you can sprinkle sum in a paint palette spritz with water and use as a water color. You can even put them in a water bottle and use as sprays! love these powders!!
Colors I used are (Raspberry) (Bright green) (Purple) and (Aqua Marine)


After super dry, I dry brushed this with more white gesso.


While that was drying I used a visible Image stamp ( Glimmer of Light)  and used the same nuance powders, Stamped and colored it in. Lastly I added all my finishing touches (the best part). I added prills in (spruce willis)  Finnabair glass Glitter (pitch black) Nuvo Crystal drops and Jewel drops in (ebony black) (pale periwinkle) a Tim Holtz quote and BAM done!

links of products listed below as always







XOXO - Nicole



2 comments:

  1. This is so amazing Nicole! Perfect for your sunroom. You kept it out of a landfill and gave it a second life where it’ll be appreciated and lived! You’ve got a wonderful imagination! 😍

    ReplyDelete