Friday, April 13, 2018

Altered Grunge Book

Altered Grunge Book
Happy Happy Happy Friday! Today I'm showing you how I altered a Book, not the Cover! The whole thing!  After I finished this one, I am so Inspired to make another with a whole different look!

I bought this book fro my local dollar tree for $1


I started off with covering the whole thing with Clear Gesso, I also used the gesso to stick some of the pages together.


Next I used Tim Holtz New Idea-Ology Collage paper  (Aviary) and stuck those down with Distress Collage Medium -Crazing-, Then added Tim Holtz Design Tape (Collector and Merchant). His design Tapes are so Yummy to look at!


Here I stenciled on Modeling paste 


I took Cheese Clothe, Medical tape and ribbon and stuck it in between some of the pages. 


I wanted to lighten it up a bit so I used White Gesso and kinda dry brushed some areas.


Now here is where we get grungy!!! I used Metal Rust Effect Paste from Finnabair and kinda dragged it along the sides and corners.


I used Matte Gel Medium, Art Stones and Mini art stones to add some texture .


I used a coffee spray I made myself and soaked the sides,top and bottom of the book. Then I grabbed yellow spray and let it drip down the top with the help of some water.


I added prills (Spruce Willis) and Used the Glimmer Of Light Stamp set by Visible Image.
I Grunged up a Tim Holtz Adornment tag (Foundry) tied bakers twine to it and Stapled it right on!


I grunged up some resin wings with the metal rust pastes and used Finnabair mechanicals (Pocket Watch and Metal Lotus), Did Some splashes with coffee and Stamperia Aqua Color. And done!



-Product list link below-


















3 comments:

  1. Wow. That's amazing!!! Beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing your process and finished master piece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole you knocked it out of the park my friend. This is so incredibly outstanding. What's not to love about it. Thank you

    ReplyDelete