Thursday, February 1, 2018

Stamperia Rice paper Canvas!

Today I'll show you my Canvas process using Stamperia Rice paper!



I First started off with where I wanted the dress form to fit on my canvas, Since I wanted it to be a main focal point I positioned my paper down to the left using Gel meduim. Then add a layer of clear Gesso.


Next I use White Crackle paste and gesso to blend the paper into the canvas.


After I heat set it, making sure its completely dry I add acrylic paints, the right side of the canvas looks bare, So I stamp some clocks and random stamps all over the canvas to make it all look like one who piece, 


I then add Clear crackle from finnabair and I take some gel medium and add finnabair mica powder to it to get this nice metallic color, I use a "Time" stencil from Stamperia and add the gel medium I created.


This is a resin Clock I made using a Stameria mould, I painted it a soft teal, then added Fractured Ice Embossing Powder by emerald creek.


 Next I start laying out my embellishments, I used gears and 49 & Market Flowers along with sisal and more embossing on the chipboard. I took finnabair Rust paste and watered it down and added it on and around everything to give that "old" look.


 Here is the top corner of me doing the same thing and added some nuvo crystal drops as well.


Lastly LOL I outlined the dress form with a black watercolor pencil,and blended it out with water, I did this quite a few times to get a good intence look. I then added Stamperias Glas paste just inside her blue bow. the looks so cool. more so in person I promise!


 Of course nothings finished until I splash it with white gesso! added som of finnabairs watered down rust paste as well for some good splashes. also darkened the edges with an ink pad.





AAAAAAANNNNNDDDD thats all Folks! I really hope you enjoyed my canvas this week!
as always Links to products used below. Xoxoxo Nicole!










10 comments:

  1. Wowzer Nicole, This looks Amazing ... thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much for sharing this beautiful amazing piece. You are so very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Nicole!!! What a beautiful canvas...love the results, so vintage and softly Steampunk at the same time...Hugs xxx Simona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a challenge to make it soft instead of going full blown steampunk. Thankyou simona!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeously beautiful! You’ve got an amazing talent for cohesively putting elements together to make antiquey masterpieces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou barbee!addingnthe elements is always my favorite part!

      Delete
  5. This really beautiful Nicole! I lov how you shifted the paper to get your focal point where you wanted it, then were able to make it
    seamlessly fade into the whole. A beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so nervous it wouldnt all fade together, but it was easier then I expected. Thankyou!

      Delete
  6. Gorgeously beautiful!Thank you both for sharing.

    http://grsshoes.com/

    ReplyDelete