Friday, February 23, 2018

Altered gumball machine

Dear crafting friends. 
At last I found a gumball machine, and the first I thought about when I saw it was: I must make it RUSTY! 


This is the finished gum ball machine. I just love Finnabairs rust pastes. 

This is how the little sweet machine look like when I bought it. 

I started with coloring the blue parts with Finnabairs heavy black gesso


After I colored it black I covered it with Patina Effect Paste Brass. And the brown rust effect paste  I like how it makes the surface look so dirty and ruff. 

I added some red rust effect paste


Last I took the patina effect paste brass and made all ruff edges a bit shimmering. 

I colored some sunbeams direct on the transparent part with the patina effect paste brass. I cut out this sun and swirled some of the sunbeams a little bit in the edges before I glued it. 


I added some pearls from my stash at the sun and around the knob on top and colored them as the rest of the gum ball machine. 



Thanks for watching! 
Hugs Milo <3 


3 comments:

  1. You're awesome. This is just so cool. I have a few laying around maybe one day..... I love the rusty

    ReplyDelete