Friday, February 16, 2018

Embroidery Hoop Dream Catcher

Happy Friday Everyone!!!! Today I'm showing you how I altered a broken Embroidery Hoop into  a Dream Catcher Using Prima Finnabairs new Camouflage Rust Effect Pastes!






The hoop itself was missing the middle wooden hoop, I went ahead and covered it in Black Gesso.



Next I grabbed some lacey tutu fabric, whats the name of this stuff? I have tons of it laying around here still from when my daughter was little, we made tutus in ever color and length! she just adored them! I cut a good size and tied it tightly around the hoop with a cute little bow! next I tied string all around the hoop for some texture!


Here I start adding my elements! I used resin peices from the stamperia Texture Wood and Bricks Mould, and prima trinkets I also addes sisal and some things from my stash.

                               
     I Took some soft matte Gel and added finnabairs mega art Stones and Regular Art Stones in all the  empty space.


 Next I covered everything in black gesso,after It was dry I started Layering my pastes




That cute little dragonfly is from Stamperia!  It comes in the Alchemy mould. Its a heart with the dragonfly on top. Instead of filling the mould all the way up with resin I just filled in the dragonfly! I'll add the link for the mould below with the rest of the product list. I used Finnabairs Rust paste on the feathers and dragonfly.


I added some flowers and a quote and called her done!


I hope you all have a fabulous friday! XoXo











                                                   Stamperia Texture wood and Brick Mould
                                                                      Black Gesso
                                                            Finnabair Mega Art Stones
                                                   Finnabair Camouflage Rust Effect Paste
                                                                      Soft Matte Gel
                                                         Prima Trinkets Bolts and Nuts
                                                         Prima Mini Roman Numerals

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, absolutely gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Leona! You too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Nicole. This is so unique looking. You really know how to achieve the rust look. It's brilliant. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete