Friday, November 22, 2019

Santa Journal Spread

Hey MRC! Hope your Friday is going great!
Today I have a journal spread using Christmas rice paper and Andy Skinner lava paste!


Alot of times I journal in old books, 
 I started off with a layer of clear gesso to prime my page,
We want it to be sturdy enough to hold up to all the mediums I throw at it.


Next layer is my rice paper, 
I tore up all the edges so when its glued down you dont see any harsh lines.
I just used regular old mod podge.


Now before I start with my paste I give it another go with gesso, mod podge is a glue so that will make a resist. I need the gesso so my colors will sit on top.
Now here Im using a TH stencil and Andy Skinner Lava Paste.


You spread on your paste and heat set it with you heat tool. 
Look at all that texture it creates! 


I also took some white geoo and cover up some of the wording from the book pages.


Now My colors, You can use any you want,I'm using Lindy's.
 Just spritz on and spray with water to get it to flow


Some stamping.


I took a pencil and shaded all around my pictures to make them stand out!


some word clippings and its done!



XOXO Nicole






1 comment:

  1. Well Ho Ho Ho. This is perfect for the Christmas season. Love that Santa. I love the whole look of this journal. Thank you

    ReplyDelete