Friday, October 26, 2018

4-1 Mixed Media Canvas!


Today I'm showing you How I created these four 10x10 panels They look awesome up on the wall! they cant be separated more and still look pretty darn cool but I didn't want to put tons of holes in my wall for the sake of pictures! LOL. I'll have a product list at the bottom like always!
First I Put my panels all together and grabbed my focal point ( Creative Expressions)  (Pop-ems Scene- Heart). This heart come in a neat little kit with nuts bolts,the heart and a Tag!  I layed my heart out and cut it up a couple more times to I could get Four section, one section for each panel.



Next I took these awesome new Texture Impressions molds made by Stamperia! I poured my resin and used them as my background, I ripped some so I had a little texture all over. I then added a light layer of Clear crackle paint to the empty spaces.


I gesso'd the whole thing in black and started to figure out my Composition, I Started with the hearts and build around those.


Another pic of me figuring it all out and starting to add more black Gesso to my embellishments.


The whole thing in a whole


Covered the whole Thing In Gesso ! Now its ready for color!


Here I start adding my Colors, Around the edges I Used Stamperias Mixed Media Aqua Color in (Water Green) the middle I start spraying with LB  (Ocean Mist) I dry all colors inbetween layering them, I use a brown and also  LB (Paprika) I was trying to replicate an old vintage Oxide look with out having to use paints, Sprays can get into all the nooks and crannys!


Now I just added all my extra bits! and my Finishing Touches, I went over the middle with Vintage Gold wax from Finnabair ( my favorite one). I then went over the whole thing with white gesso with a dry brush! I added some metals by Finnabair and splattered the heck out of it with white paint! 





Hope It gave you all Some Inspiration with the ) Pop ems and the Stamperia molds! XOXO Nicole

Product list:





7 comments:

  1. Nicole, I love how you incorprated so many cool elements on this piece and then brought them all together with your colors that you chose. Great step outs. Love it and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. THANKS! It turned out really good! I wish It would fit in my light box for better pics.. but its to big LOL

      Delete
  2. Awesome Nicole! You know how I love steampunk! Awesome work on vision and breaking it up into pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just.....beyond Nicole!! I love this piece sooo much!! I actually just went and added some items to my cart.

    ReplyDelete