Friday, October 12, 2018

Let loose Journal page

This week I decided to make my Journal page for the (Build A Journal) event we are having over at My Rusty Crown Inspiration Facebook group! I just Let Loose! Now I don't mind a chunky journal, I think it gives it some charm! My Partner is also a chunky layering person so I went with it!


I started with My 6x9 paper, I used mixed media paper so it would hold up good to all my mediums! I started off with stamping, I like to do this to get an idea of where I want to place everything, I used the 49andMarket stamp Pascales formula along with some other random stamps. ( I keep a pile of go to stamps on my desk that I like to grab for background stamping).


I then Cut Out my Elements so I could move them around and have them sitting by for color reference. I used these awesome dragons from the New Craft Box paper pad ( The Dreamer). I have the 6x6 pads. they are awesome size for journal pages!


Now I'm ready to start my process, I used some TH washi tape for texture and (background Noise) I then gave a white was of gesso to the page and used a Little Birdie stencil and modeling paste to add more texture!


Now I start adding some color using Cosmic shimmer,shimmer shakers I just keep sprinkling the powder and spritzing with water and drying in between colors. 


I took some black sewing thread and added that along with more stamping! I also took some colorsplash and lindy's sprays and went to town with splattering! (splattering Colors is an addiction for me)!


Here is a Stamperia Mould I used Some resin in,I used very little resin, paper thin. I didnt wait the whole 10 mins for it to cure, as soon as I was able to puul it out I did. the resin was still soft so I took scissors and cut the wings away from the heart. I color them with black gesso and give them a dusting of finnabair wax in (Blue Velvet)


Here Im rearranging How I want these places and gluing them together


This is it! Links below for Products Used!







And  link to our wonderful Inspiration group!




6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make it sound so easy. Beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole this is amazing and your journal partner is going to love it. Lovin the colors. Outstanding job.

    ReplyDelete