Friday, September 29, 2017

Meet the Queen that wears the Rusty Crown

Hi Everyone,
Today we are introducing you to the woman behind the curtain.  The lovely Martina answered some questions that the design team had for her.

Q:  How did you decide to open an online store?

A:  I have always wanted a brick and mortar store and for some reason it just never came to be.  My sister and our friend opened one(a brick and mortar) in Washington and had it for 10 years.  I just knew that I would have some kind of a craft store one day.  After they closed down I thought now is the time to do this if I'm going to do it.  So, My Rusty Crown came to be. 

Q:  How long have you been in business?

A:  The store has been open for 18 months now. 

Q:  How did you pick the name for you store?

A:  I love rusty things and I love crowns.  There you go!

Q:  How long have you been crafting?

A:  I started when I was 21 and have been going now for about 37 years.  Anything and everything that caught my eye.

Q:  What's your favorite kind of project?

A:  Paper crafting has got to be(so far) my favorite thing to work on and with.  Stencils are my first love.  Anything that brings texture I'm there.

Q:  What type of crafting or craft product would you like to learn more about?

A:  I would really like to learn more about Gelli plates and making backgrounds with them.


We also asked Martina to share three pieces of art she has created.






 We hope you enjoyed meeting the awesome Martina.  Next week you will get to meet the members of the design team. 


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sometimes it’s fun to learn a little bit about the people behind the business. She still wanted to remain mysterious that’s why we didn’t post her photo. ��

      Delete
  2. Love it! Great job! Love the art work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martina is such a wonderful artist and her store is amazing. I am so glad I discovered My Rusty Crown. It is rare to find a store that truely values their customers and Martina does such a terrific job. From her unique sense of what items to carry to the care she takes in packaging your purchases. It is nice to learn more about how it all came to be. I am looking foreward to learning more about all the design team members! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Robin! We all love Martina for all of the reasons you listed and more!

      Delete
  4. Martina is truly one of the most amazing ladies I have ever had the honor to call my friend. Any time we needed her help in our little store, she was right there to help and stayed as long as we needed. We always joked that she could sell anything to anyone. If she was at the counter working on a project, all the customers wanted it. Martina even did classes for us and everyone loved them.
    A lovely amazing lady and her on-line shop is the best place to shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is super!! Those of us on the design team are so happy to call her our boss.

      Delete