Friday, September 15, 2017

The Strange Case of Amelia Hardy

Hey Guys,
I am so excited about this project! Almost everything on it can be purchased at My Rusty Crown.
I used the medium sized etc tag from Tim Holtz. The tag is about 6.5 x 12 inches and is made from thickboard. 
I started the project by making my corpse bride.  Her veil is cheesecloth and her flowers are vintage both have been spritzed with Walnut stain distress spray. Hot glue holds her hands in place and a big blob keeps her in her coffin. I used the Tim Holtz coffin and smashed the lid with a hammer.  I scored the wood when I wanted to break it and went to town.  The broken bits have been covered with Walnut Stain Distress Stain. 

To make the dirt clinging to the bottom of the coffin, I added Grit Paste to the bottom and then painted it with Vintage Photo Distress Paint. Once the paint was dry I stippled on Walnut Distress Stain.  I didn't add grit paste to the back side of the coffin since I knew I would be gluing that to the tag.  This also came in handy hen I needed to let the coffin dry. 

While the coffin dried, I grabbed the smallest vignette box and it was given a quick coat of Charred Gold Embossing powder on the edges. The paper is from the Tim Holtz Wallflower paper stack.  I ran Walnut Stain Oxide Ink on the top and spritzed it with water.  It makes it look like old water stained wallpaper. 
I added the happy couple from the new ancestor paper doll pack. Her roses got a tiny pop of color using Distress Marker in Worn Lipstick. 
The tag was covered with a piece Wallflower paper.  I randomly added Crazing Medium to the tag and let it dry.  Once it was dry I ran Walnut Distress Stain on the tag to let it seep in the cracks. Then I used my splatter brush to flick on Black Soot Distress Paint.  
This sketchy dude(from the ancestor pack) was colored using Distress markers and added to a Scrabble tile holder I colored using Walnut Stain Distress Stain.  The baseboard was given a really thick coat of Distress Rock Candy paint.  I didn't sand the baseboard and a bunch of the rock candy flaked off.  I ran with it and just colored what stayed on with Walnut Stain.  It worked in my favor as it looks really gross and creepy up close.  
Time to add details.  He has some poison vials, moss, and a skull sitting next to him.  The vignette box is their wedding photo.  

So, when you put the story together you discover that he was not a happy husband.  


You can see I added moss in the coffin and underneath the coffin too


Distress Crayon in Black Soot was added around the Halloween Clipping stickers and on the edge of the tag.  I also scribbled with gel pens. 

I hope like this as much as I do! Happy Halloween,
Jess


17 comments:

  1. Jess,
    this is amazing! I love every bit of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Jess. You really outdid yourself girlfriend. There is just so much that catches your eye. This is just perfect and I love it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the details are truly amazing. I love your work. Thank you for posting this tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who knew, a scrabble tile holder!!!! This piece is so creative and exceptional! KUDOS to you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so freaking amazing! I love all of it, your creative use of the scrabble piece, the "wedding photo box" and the story itself! Add that to that creepy background, this is a showstopper! 🖤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann! I really appreciate your kind words.

      Delete
  6. This is beyond awesome! And thank you for guiding us through your process.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just having another peek at this and yupp! it's as amazing as I thought it was the first time I saw it!! Fab job Jess!

    ReplyDelete