Saturday, June 8, 2019

Creative Thinking

Hello MRC! Hope your Saterday is gonna be fabulous! Today I want to show you how I created this hexagon shaped wall hanging.


I used all kinds of great goodies from My Rusty Crown, I'll have them linked down below as always.

the are for clock making but as we all do, altering to my liking is whats happening here!


I started off painting the whole thing purple, I used Finnabair liquid acrylics mixed with a couple drops of fluid medium to lighten the color.


Next I added Crackle paste. I let that dry a couple hours,then added modeling paste through a stencil (Stamperia Stencil)


I dried that with my heat tool and sprinkled on some infusions powder pigments and spritzed with water!


Now I'm starting my focal point. I used resin I made with Stamperia moulds. I have some metal from Mitform Castings as well ( MRC will have these soon, so look out for them!) the resin I gave a thin coat of gesso so the infusions will stick.


I sprinkled the infusions to my resin and heat set!


This is my focal point! the Filament Bigz die from Tim Holtz.
I used thin Chipboard i tried out different methods of coloring the bulb in, I went with the one on the end, I  covered it in with gesso, took Tim Holtz Oxide inks (Fossilized Amber) and went around the edges to get that glow effect. Next I went in with (Vintage Photo) then (Walnut Stain). After I assembled the bulb I added 3D Crystal Lacquer to give a glass effect. 



got my bulb on there surrounded by flowers, added white gesso to flowers and metal to make the whole thing flow together and thats all!




XOXO Nicole



1 comment:

  1. This is surberb Nicole. I love seeing the steps. You could apply the steps to many projects and that crackle is the bomb. Awesome work. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete