Saturday, February 2, 2019

"Change" Journal Layout

Have you seen the Tattered Angel Color wash paints and wondered what in the world you can do with them? 
  • 2 ounces of sheer paint that adds a tint of color to craft and DIY surfaces
  • Water Based Multi-Surface Formula
  • Choice in application - Easy to apply with brush or use mist applicator 
  • Apply with a brush for amazing results
  • Works with all acrylic, chalk, milk and specialty paints to achieve personalized results
  • Use multiple Color Wash colors to create unique finishes
  • Works on “hard to cover” surfaces – rustic wood, wicker, Styrofoam, layered items, lace and more.
  • Paints can be mixed to achieve custom colors
  • Paint can be diluted with water to lighten the color
Surface maintains its original texture allowing you to easily apply stamps, stencils, rub-ons, paint, etc. 

Okay now that you know just a bit more about them let me show you what I did, and what mediums worked great with them!


So I started my pages of with tissue paper by dina wakley, I added these with a brush and gel medium.
I then kinda just haphazardly brushed the pages with clear gesso. So I pulled out my Tattered Angels Color wash paints, they remind me of a liquid water color really! I just took the caps off lined them up on my desk and started dabbing colors on with a paint brush, you can add these to water brushes as well!. 


Now I spritzed with water and tilted my journal all around! they flowed like a dream! Now the next "Layer" for me journal pages are made in layeres. Stamping MRC has some fantastic background stamps! Ill link them below.


Here I did a before and after picture of the Nuvo Expanding Mousse, I added it through a stencil, then used my heat gun. 


its pretty cool mousse, not really a paste, a bit thicker. it gave great depth after expanding though. kinda subtle. I like it!


So more layeres are added here. I stenciled with the color wash,and added more color to the edges.


 I used acrylic paint for scribbling, added more stamping, and used a micro pen over the color wash. I didnt have any problems with any of the mediums working over the paints!
a bit of black ink for the edges and some splashes.


the last touch is just adding some stamped images to paper and cutting them out and gluing them on! Hope this gives you some inspiration and insight! XOXO








3 comments:

  1. I am going to buy a couple of these color wash paints and give them a try. This is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. let us know what you think of them. Thankyou for stopping in!

      Delete
  2. I want to use this opportunity to appreciate Dr Ekpen for the good work that his doing around the world, many of you must have ahead of him and what his doing. The reason why I'm appreciating him on this site is because maybe someone out there is facing the same challenge and he/she don't know what to do next to fix the issue, Dr Ekpen is a great spell caster and friendly also, if you have problem in your relationship you can contact him right way and he will be clad to help you out. Contact him now via email at ekpentemple@gmail.com or on whatsaap +2347050270218.

    ReplyDelete