Friday, January 5, 2018

Stamperia Inspired Book Box!

My very first project done for My Rusty Crowns blog! How exciting!
I went all out on this one! I even used the box all my Goodies were sent in!
I seen a video a while back using foam, so wanted to try that technique
I Started out with the USPS box, Cut it and turned it into a big book Box.
Next I used some foam sheets and cut them up into different sized rectangles.
I used Nuvo drops the add dots to each corner of the foam!
Adding Black Gesso everywhere!
Next I used some gel medium and stuck down a rice paper from the stamperia mixed media post cards
taking some acrylic paint I blended the paint into the paper and added some brick stamping from the Visible Image stamp set Teenage Kick
Here I make the "Book pages" using Modeling paste, I Smoothed it on with a palette knife and used a comb to give the "page" effect.
Here Im aging the pages with Coffee!
Now I use the Rust effect paste Starting with the darkest color and layering until I like the look!
Next I used Fractured Ice embossing powder  on my embellishments .
this powder looks different depending on the layer of color  underneath 
I used Stamperia moulds from the alchemy set. gear and cog chipboard and a hot air balloon chippie and that's it! I hope you all like it!
Let me know what you all think! or give some suggestions of what you would like to see if the future!
Here is a product list of Items Used for this project!









9 comments:

  1. WOW oh WOW. Nicole this is so ingenious. You really put so much texture on it and I just love this look. Great idea about the foam. It looks so real. Love it lots and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fabulous. I love it. Great way to do the pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the book pages are so easy I see alot more "book" boxes in the future!

      Delete
  3. So beautiful!! I love it. I'm inspired now to do something this creative (hopefully). :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! give us a tag so we can see what you come up with when you do!

      Delete
  4. You continue to amaze and inspire!!!!

    ReplyDelete