Friday, August 31, 2018

Shabby Chic? Altered Dessert plate!

Hiya! Happy Friday! Today I am gonna show you how I decorated this dessert plate!



Well your gonna need a plate LOL I didnt prep it at all but, you totally could add texture with a stencil or crackle pastes!


So I got out all my embellishments,my main ones at least, I coated my Prima resin pieces with clear gesso and went about gluing them down with heavy Body gel.


I used Cosmic Shimmer Shimmer Shakers in colors (Delicate Blossom) (Rich Wine) (Grass Green) and (Bright Sunshine). These little jars have a shaker top, so easy to sprinkle on.. After I Sprinkled my colors I lightly sprayed them with water and dried with a heat gun, I did each color separately.


Here Is what It looked like right after drying, I purposely shook some on the other side of the plate for a cute splatter effect. I Took a dry brush and dry brushed  on some white gesso to bring all of the texture to the surface. I then added (Blush Haze) Holographic Glitterbitz  and Prills in ( Coral See). for the last added touch I took (White Gold) Prima Finnabair Metallique wax half way around the edge of the plate.


Done! 




As Always My list Of Items used Linked just give them a little click!


XOXO - Nicole Palos



5 comments:

  1. You really are so clever. What a great idea. Lovin the colors and as usual girl you rocked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo! ooo! [jumping up and down with hand raised] Can I ask a question? As usual a beautiful project and as usual you have introduced me to more new products...I see it can be used in a few ways, but you said "I then added (Blush Haze) Holographic Glitterbitz and Prills in ( Coral See)"..I know this is silly, but how did you add them? Was the surface damp or did the gesso you dry brushed make it stick...just trying to learn more...also....I saw the different uses for them...Do you think they would work well with Ranger Sticky Embossing Powder and also - is it like most glitter - do you always have glitter ever after? Just curious...last question - if you could only pick one color - which would you pick?

    ReplyDelete