Friday, January 19, 2018

Tick Tock

                                             Tick Tock

I have done a 12x12 canvas  using loads of Stamperia products! this was a bit more challenging for me! It turned out so bold! Hope you all enjoy this one!

Here I took the black and white clocks Stamperia rice paper and tore it,positioning it in each corner


 Next I took some cheese clothe and drenched it in Finnabair Art Extravagance Sculpture Medium
This medium gives you plenty of time to play with it, but when it dries,that's it! its hard as a rock! This stuff is perfect for sculpting cheese clothe ,fabric, even paper  into whatever shape you desire!


 So while the cheese clothe is still wet I start adding some embellishments I made from resin out of the Stamperia moulds. That way I can drape them on and off the embellshments. I used Finnabair Heavy Body Gel to glue them down.

 Showing you my embellishment process. you can kinda see where im moving around the cheesecloth.


I have added a lot of embellishments in here, Prima typo bulbs, Finnabair mini roman numerals, Prima bolts and nuts.Creative embellishment Gears and cogs. I then added a good thick layer of Finnabair white crackle on top of the embellishments. I also added a layer of Finnabair Clear Crackle everywhere else. Looks foggy but don't worry it dries clear!


After It all dried I used the Stamperia Stencil Gears and Hands and added texture paste on top of the clocks papers and on the sides. I wanted the clocks to kinda fall back into the canvas.


                                               This is just a dried up close pic of that crackle!


My favorite part ! Time to add color! Here I'm sprinkling on Nuance powder in Aquamarine. sprinkle spritz with water and repeat.


Same here, I'm using Nuance powder in Nutmeg! I repeated this color quite a few times to make it dark and rich in color!


Do you see some brown in there? That my friends is coffee I have in a dripper bottle! everyone has that right? I also addes some lindy's spray as a mist to give it a shine, and some magicals powder in teal for some contrast.


Adding Finnabairs wax in Rich Copper To all the edges and raised bits to give a good texture!


I finished it off with using Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black to all the sides and edges I blend it in farther then others points for that "boom" look Some white spashes with Gesso and I'm calling it done!



Hope you all like it! Don't forget to pop back in Next friday for Milos walk through tutorial!


                                                           Prima Hexagon Bolts and Nuts




3 comments:

  1. I love this. The colors, the texture, everything!! Thanks for sharing with all of us. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole this is so fantastic. I love how you built the layers up. I love Finnabair's sculpting medium. As always your work is amazing. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete